Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oh yes... I Went Shopping!

This past weekend my mom and I worked the Scrapbook Expo at the Anaheim Convention Center. Normally this show is at the Orange County Fairgrounds but after they sold the fairgrounds it was moved to the convention center and we were very happy about it. It's always a long weekend for us but we enjoy the people that we work for and the opportunity to be surrounded by scrapbooking products is really a plus. I taught the make n take all weekend and laughed so hard I cried and met someone with such an amazing heart that I hugged her and cried out of love. It's amazing what compassion and adoration can come out of you even after knowing someone for only a few minutes. And, of course, there were a few people that I just wanted to punch in the face, those people that no matter what they will never be happy!

Overall, we had a great time and did lots of lightning shopping. We have learned a few tricks over the last two years of working these shows, and this time I think I did really well. This is what I came home with...
Oh yes... I did go shopping! Usually I come home with a lot of stuff from our clearance booth and it's all nice stuff, but it's usually products that I have no idea what I'm going to do with I just think that they are cute and it's a great deal. This time I went knowing the products I wanted and tried to stick to those, with a few little extras here and there. It also helped that they no longer had the clearance booth!
I got products from companies like: American Crafts, Studio Calico, Echo Park, SEI, Teresa Collins, Imaginisce, Tattered Angels, Heidi Swapp, and lots more!
See that stack of paper? I can't wait to get in there and start using some of that awesome stuff!
I bought lots of trims and things with texture... I am all about texture right now!
I FINALLY picked up this baby, the Tiny Attacher from Tim Holtz. I am daydreaming of all of the things that I am going to staple!
And best of all, I got this awesome new machine. The Spellbinders Grand Caliber. It runs dies up to 9 1/2 inches wide and I can't wait to get some of the big dies. I can just see all of the mini albums that I can make. I love Spellbinders because not only do their dies come with several sizes, but they are thin and don't take up much room!

I am one of those weird people that love to organize so I can't wait to start putting all of this away. That also means cleaning some things out. Out with some of the old and in with lots of the new!

No comments:

Pages