Wednesday, March 23, 2011

DIY Chunky Shelves


I saw these really incredible shelves on the House of Smith's blog a while back and have been wanting to re-create them in our dining room. I knew that the perfect place was above that buffet but it took us a little while to get to that point. Now that the wall is painted and the buffet is done we (mostly Neil) got the shelves done too! This is what the House of Smith's looked like...
Aren't they amazing?! And the full tutorial is here, Neil built them and then I filled in the holes with the wood filler and painted them and then he hung them... a true team effort! So these are ours...
I'm still working on actually decorating them since I have never had so many places to put decorations before, especially Spring/Easter decorations! I just took a trip to Tai Pan and Home Goods, plus raided the dollar section at Target so I'm getting there!
For right now this is my set up. The wreath on that new wreath stand I will be sharing more about tomorrow. I can't wait to craft and pillage some more fun vintage-y finds to put on these shelves for oh so many different occasions.
So here is where this wall goes right into the kitchen (please don't look too closely!). I would like to get a new dining table set at some point as soon as I think our kids can handle it. They are almost there.

2 comments:

kristina said...

help me make some for my house k :)

Jenny Wood said...

LOL! I saw her blog and those are what I want to replicate! Thank you!

Pages