Monday, March 21, 2011

Forever

I have been so busy around here doing the home improvement type stuff and just trying to keep up on housework that I haven't been able to get into my room for quite some time. But last Friday I got a little bit of time and then I got a few more minutes Sunday morning to finish this page up. I had this picture left over from last year sitting in my little photo box and these papers from American Crafts that I hardly even got to touch around Valentine's Day. So I decided to use them and create just a little something.
I am learning to create more clusters on my pages to ground the elements and I have had a lot of fun experimenting with it. I love these label stickers and the pearls are something that I try to stock up on at the expos. I'm also trying to use my stamps a lot more!
This is a stamp that I picked up on clearance at Michael's around Valentine's Day. No one was buying it because someone had stamped it onto a red ink pad and then left it! But it was nothing that a little stamp cleaner couldn't fix. You will notice that I am an idiot and stamped this image not only crooked but upside down as well! I just decided to go with it, I guess it adds to the charm of the page right? I got to use my new tiny stapler and then I added one of my new favorite things this rose brad from AC. A little button and a pearl and it creates another cluster.
I am loving the banner trend right now and decided to use some scraps from the AC papers. The background paper is this amazing pink ledger paper from SEI. I had to pick up a bunch of it when I was working in the booth. The banner I just threw together using different sizes of triangles. They are not perfect and I like the fact that they are not uniform. I then sewed a straight stitch across them. And it's a perfect place for the title (gotta love my Thickers!)
One of my favorite pieces from this line are the details flowers. I am being very selective as to how I use them because I don't want them to ever run out, and there are only four! This was a really simple way to ground the photo to the page using a strip of patterned paper and matting the photo with a solid color, then I added the little strip with a decorative edge and stitched a zig zag on it to tie them together. So easy!

No comments:

Pages