Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Kaley's Birthday

Here is the layout that I did recently about Kaley's birthday. She wanted it to be purple themed which this year meant that we had purple cupcakes with purple frosting and purple sprinkles on purple plates and napkins. And she wore purple... that was pretty much it. But like I said about Madison's birthday, we promised them a much bigger and more thought out birthday party this year.
Here is the first page. I used some dotted swiss cardstock in this aqua color that I love right now. The patterned papers are all from Me & My Big Ideas again and so are the diecuts. I punched out some circles and added buttons. The cupcake tape is something that I found last year at the Del Mar show and finally found a reason to use it!
I added lots of stitching to this layout and used a border punch on the pink cardstock. I created that larger scalloped border using what was originally a fiskars corner punch that I accidentally broke off the guards to. So now I just use it to make borders.
I cropped the pictures down so that I could fit more on my layout except for my favorite two photos of my big 6 year old.
And I pop dotted some of the die cuts to make them stand out a little more.

One more birthday layout to go for the year! Then on to Halloween... finally!

No comments:

Pages