Thursday, March 24, 2011

Easter Wreath Revamp

As I was perusing the dollar section of Target I found this cute little egg wreath for only $2.50. I thought that it was perfect for my house but a little plain. I wasn't crazy about seeing the seams on the eggs and how all of the eggs were the same finish, aren't Easter eggs supposed to be like snowflakes... no two are ever the same (at least when my girls decorate them!) So I brought this home and used supplies from my stash to make it unique.
I used these Queen & Co. adhesive rhinestones in the same turquoise color to make stripes across the eggs.

I used Distress Stickles to create little polka dots on the pink eggs.
And Distress Crackle paint in Mustard Seed for the yellow eggs. I didn't worry about covering the whole eggs just the front and a little of the sides.
I also painted some green acrylic paint on the green ones and then sprinkled a little Martha Stewart glitter on them while the paint was wet. And I covered the surrounding eggs while I sprayed some Tattered Angels glimmer mist in purple on the purple eggs, they looked dyed and I love it!

So here is my one of a kind wreath that only cost me $2.50 and it goes perfectly on my new wreath stand that I picked up on clearance at Michael's, although I want to spray paint it Heirloom white and then distress it a little. Happy Spring... even though it was snowing here last night!

1 comment:

laura vegas said...

i saw this post the other day, and thought it was so cool how you altered the eggs on the wreath. i was in target yesterday, and saw an egg wreath ... and i totally thought of you :)