Thursday, January 13, 2011

Beach Trip Layouts & Cards

Neil had a youth trip to the beach last August and we decided to take the girls with us. It is not very often that we get to take them to the beach and there is no chance of taking the boys right now! (oh the headache just thinking about that!) I did not take a change of clothes for the girls because we were just going down there for the evening to BBQ burgers and roast marshmallows over a huge fire, so I told them that they could not get all wet and sandy... well, that did not work because they went from just feeling the waves against their feet to rolling up their jeans, to full on playing in the sand. They survived the night although wet, tired and covered in sand but at least they had a good time!
So here is the layout for Kaley. She really did spend a lot of time building this sandcastle and I loved watching her.
I knew that I had to use that photo of just the sandcastle and it worked perfectly for the title.
These pictures came out really good even though I only had my point and shoot camera with me.
Here is Madison's layout, she really was cute just standing there watching the waves. And the girls loved hanging out with Bethany and Candace from the youth group.
The Heat Wave line from American Crafts is fun to work with. The colors are bright and fun and the patterns are clean and simple. And one of my favorite things is the coordinating solids on the back of each of them.
Apparently I still haven't filled in what beach we were at since when I did this layout I couldn't remember which beach it was! Oops! I will have to do that before I put this into her album or else it will never get done.
When I get a collection out to work with (which I usually like to work in collections because it makes it easier to match things) I am trying to get in the habit of making at least one card with it before I put it away. It makes sense right? I already have all of the papers, embellishments, scraps, and odds and ends out and spread across my counter. So I made this one and then had some bigger scraps left over and so I made another one too!

It doesn't look like it in this picture but the dots and the brads are brown and the stamp is black. For some reason here it all looks black.
Well, I hope that I made you long for days at the beach! Don't worry, summer will be here before you know it!

No comments:

Pages