Friday, August 17, 2012

My Fave Instagrams from Seattle

Neil and I had the opportunity in June to take 11 of our High School students up to Seattle and Tacoma  on a missions trip to help out an organization called Network Tacoma. I took so many pictures that week, lots of them with my Canon and yet many I took with my iPhone. Which you know were just screaming to be made into Instagrams.


This one I think is my absolute favorite just because I have wanted to see the Pike Place market for so many years now and on that Saturday we got to tour the downtown area a little and that included the market.

 I love how Seattle created this sports complex, where their baseball and football stadiums are right next to each other. And this tower is pretty cool.
 I just loved how this clock tower was peeking out over the other downtown buildings.
 It wouldn't be a trip to Seattle without a special drink from the original Starbucks. Hands down the best experience I have ever had at Starbucks. I loved it, and my drink!
 We just barely got to see the needle as it was starting to rain, but one of the girls and I jumped out of the van and ran to get a few shots.
 I am so in love with my burlap Tom's and Neil found a great deal on these Tom's in downtown Tacoma. This was taken at the airport before we came home.
One last shot of the two of us while on the plane, and no, my husband hadn't shaved all week. And no, I didn't like it. But it was a mission trip so I can't complain.
 I love this picture of Mt. Ranier just after we left the Seattle airport. It is such a beautiful mountain.
 We flew into Oakland on the way there and back and on the way back I happened to get this great shot of the Golden Gate Bridge.
 I really don't like flying, so I spent most of the time listening to my playlist and ignoring the fact that at any moment I could plummet to my death, or the fact that I was trapped. Yes, I'm crazy!

 This is the Tacoma Bridge and I just loved it's shape and overall awesomeness.
 This little coffee shop in downtown Tacoma was so good. They had flavors that I had never seen before, like what I ordered... a Salted Caramel Frappuccino.

 This was a beautiful building in downtown Seattle. The colors just popped.
Last but certainly not least. We spent some time in a few downtown Seattle parks talking to the homeless that seemed to be everywhere in that area. As Neil and I walked around there was a man preaching there in the park and some were listening to him yell at them about how they need Jesus. He was very much on fire for the Lord, but he was also very in your face about it and condemning those that don't believe. As he stopped yelling his sermon and picked up his things, and his gathered his posse, this older man sitting in a lawn chair picked up his trumpet and started playing "How Great Thou Art". I stood there listening to the beautiful melody perfectly played and realized that this man was speaking the love of God so much louder than the man that had been yelling at the top of his lungs. It was a moment of peace and beauty and something that I will never forget.

Those are just some of the images that I captured that week. There is so much more that I could tell you and share, but then I might never leave my computer! Hope you enjoyed, I know that I can't wait to go back there.

No comments:

Pages