Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Lucky Day


I am so very excited because I finally took the plunge and joined Studio Calico! I have wanted to for a very long time but just couldn't commit the money. But now that my photography business is taking off I figured that I could handle it. So I got my first kit last week and was finally able to sit down and start playing with it. I have a pretty long list of pages that I need to complete and I figured that I am going to force myself to find a way to scrap any theme of pictures using my kit rather than being so reliant upon theme sets of papers and embellishments. I have gotten pretty tired of having to buy a new collection of holiday/birthday papers every year just to have something new to work with. NO more! My Studio Calico kits are going to take the place of that and the nice thing is that I don't have to choose it. It shows up on my doorstep and I am instantly inspired, I think it's a pretty good deal. 

So here is my first Studio Calico page about our St. Patrick's Day (yes I'm a little behind!) But I loved how in the kit was this great green paper from October Afternoon and the some beautiful navy that seemed to compliment the green so well.


I used my new bubble mask with the Estate Green Mister Huey's (the best spray ink ever!) and I added in the arrow stamp from Amy Tan. A sheet from my 6x6 Hey Day set was a nice neutral to even everything out. I also used some of the October Afternoon chipboard buttons, circles, and banners to add dimension and reinforce the circles in the masked green. In my kit was also the tag and the "just a note" stamp which I am in love with! This all came together pretty quickly and I am so in love with it. I did add my own washi tapes, bare thickers that I colored with navy spray mist and a wood veneer camera that I stamped with black stripes and then colored in green and navy stripes but you can't see them very well. My final touches were to use the pearl crystals that came in the kit and I took a regular hole punch and punched out a few navy dots to fill in a few more holes in the bubbles. 

We had a great St. Patrick's Day this year especially because Neil finally let me cook Corned Beef and Cabbage. He liked it more than he thought he would. I loved it and the Irish Soda Bread that I made from scratch. The kids favorite was the green grapes that I coated in Lime Jello powder. They were sour and oh so addicting. We also made Shamrock shakes for dessert and I loved how my shelves came out decorated for the holiday. What would I do without Instagram and Picframe?! They have made documenting life so much easier. 

Hope you enjoyed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the bubble mask! Awesome layout!

Pages