Monday, August 20, 2012

My Fave Photos

I have to say that I was still a little scared about receiving a kit every month full of products that I didn't hand pick myself. I have become very good at picking a collection and only buying the papers and embellishments that as soon as I see them I instantly have a million ideas of how use them. My heart sings and my mind races and yes I even hear a choir of angels... ok, not really but pretty close. So to decide to start getting the Studio Calico kits for me was a huge decision. And I heard my husband's voice in my head and in reality say "But what if you don't like what they send you?" I spent months watching their releases and seeing the pages that people were making with the kits and I also came to realize that at this point 80% of my scrapping money goes to Studio Calico, and every day I fell in love with the things that were being created. But there was one thing that I didn't expect...

Not only do I love everything that I got in this first kit (I haven't brought myself to use the amazing white woodgrain card stock yet!) But the member gallery and the blog bring me so much inspiration! The challenges alone are enough to get me going on an afternoon that I can't decide whether to create a page or lay on the couch. So this is one of my first challenges that I am entering. It's the Member Scraplift challenge. I used mostly the kit, plus a couple of things that I had that were also Studio Calico, except for the yellow airmail washi tape which has become my favorite. I love yellow right now and am getting close to painting my pantry door yellow! heehee. 



These are a few of my favorite instagrams that I have taken lately. It's not that often that I get on this side of a camera so I wanted to do something special with them. A couple of papers are from the Abroad and Heyday collections but the rest is all from the Summer of '69 kit. I am in love and can't believe how quickly this page came together. It really helps to have most of it picked out for you already. 
At some point I will also share how I store my kit right in front of me, oh, and I guess I need to do some more posts on my room since I have changed a few things around! Ok, ok, back to work!

No comments:

Pages