Friday, August 31, 2012

Fun & Ice Layout


I don't know what is going on with the pictures in this post so just bare with me please! I am continuing on with my quest to make the most of Studio Calico kit since my next one will be shipping out next week!I wanted to use this cute but not great photo of my girls and I ice skating when we went with their girl scout troop this spring. The girls had never been and I haven't tried to ice skate in many years. But I didn't want another parent to have help my girls get from one side of the rink to the other so I laced up a pair and did my best. The girls and I had a great time and by the end Madison was getting really good and comfortable out there. Most of the girls in the troop were just going around clutching the wall for dear life, it was very cute. 


I was very excited to use this beautiful cloud paper and couldn't bear to cut it up so I decided to use it as a background and even then I didn't want to cover up very much of it. I created a little collage at the bottom and the top to create a nice diagonal form of embellishment. I loved the doilies in the kit too! I have always wanted to play with some but just never picked any up. I did sprinkle some mister huey's on the page. 

 Up top I used several pieces from heyday, take note, memoir, and wood veneer, and I just have to say how much I adore the little pearl dots too! The Thickers are mistable ones that I used Boss Lady mister huey's  to color... that is after my dog ate three letters and I had to re do them! The ampersand is an old piece from making memories that was glittery. I painted it with some mister hueys and a paintbrush. The corrugated butterfly is from jillibean soup and something that I have needed to use up for  awhile now.

Oh, and check out the cute little envelope and tag that I used for some hidden journaling. I really should put the date there though huh?! Silly me! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that page!
May I pin it on Pinterest?

Lilith

Pages