Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Cookie Birthday


I am slowly but surely working my way down the list of layouts that need to get done. These especially need to get accomplished before my busy picture taking season begins. Between all four of my kids birthdays being in the next three months plus back to school, halloween, pumpkin patch, thanksgiving, and christmas, it seems to pile up and then it takes me until august to get caught up again! It's a never ending cycle for me but at least I am still working within this year I guess. 
Well I decided to use Studio Calico's sketch challenge from last week to get my husband's birthday photos done. Here is what I came up with...

It is really tricky to get paper strips at an angle and yet cover the whole page so I came up with the circle to hold the journaling. I really should type my journaling more often since I hate my writing but it just seems like so much more work! I would have used white card stock as my base but because these instagrams had a white border I wanted them to show up so I brought out the kraft card stock. Most of this is the Memoir collection but a few pieces are from the kit. That grid paper in the corner is actually the background packaging from the Studio Calico die cuts! I love using up great packaging!

1 comment:

Pages