Monday, February 14, 2011

Things I Love...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!
Although I am still in the middle of a couple of little projects to finish up my new Valentine's decor, I will share with you some of the things that I have finished and things that I am just loving right now. First off is this wreath...
I saw this in the back of the Scrapbooks Etc. magazine and knew that I had to make one for myself. It wasn't until I went to buy the stuff for it that I realized that theirs was only an 8" wreath (too small for me) and it used 1" wide strips of paper (too bulky). So here is my version, a 12" wreath form covered in 1/2" strips that are an old SEI collection called Twitterpated that I have had in my stash for over a year.
The lollipop is just a felt scalloped circle glued behind a circle that I cut out of matching paper and then used a rubon from Making Memories that I have had forever (I love to use up old products in my stash), I added a lollipop stick and some ribbon and glued it on!
The time consuming/pain in my rear part of this was hot gluing all of those strips on. I think I may have burned off my fingerprints from all of the hot glue burns! But I do love how it came out and I finished it off with some glue and chunky glitter. I am loving turquoise and pink this year, as you can tell...
I am loving jars lined up on my mantle right now, filled with little love treasures. I will definitely have to get more Ball jars for next year, maybe even some blue ones!
I whipped up some of these super easy ribbon flags using American Crafts valentine's ribbon that I picked up for a dollar a spool last year at Michael's. There are little buttons that I hot glued onto the ends and then I just placed them in this jar on my mantle.
I really love these Valentine's Day kitchen towels that I picked up at Target the other day. I am definitely noticing a turquoise theme everywhere I go this year.
I just couldn't resist picking up some red & white spice drops at Winco to fill up one of my Apothecary jars. The heart candies I have had for a couple of years now from another candle holder.
And most of all, I love these roses that I picked up at Vons on Friday. I bought them for each of the girls and then took them into their classes to tell them how much I love them and to make them feel special. They were very surprised and kept smelling these roses all afternoon. Now they are filling my kitchen with thoughts and smells of love.
Well, I am off to Disneyland today with my hubby and the girls. The girls are out of school today so we are going to take advantage of it. Can't wait to spend the day with them, the boys will be here at the house getting love and attention from their great grandparents, and then we will spend a quiet evening at home watching a movie on the couch as a family. I love Valentine's Day!
Hope you all have a great one!

No comments:

Pages