Saturday, February 19, 2011

School Pages

While we have been busy getting things done around the house I have also been busy scrapbooking. I try and get as much done as I can in the morning so that when naptime rolls around I have no problem spending a couple of hours in my room (which is just about done now! will share on Monday). For some reason though every school page that I do never quite turns out the way I want it to, I'm really hoping that American Crafts or Echo Park come out with a school line this year to make my life easier!

Since the girls started school in Helendale only 7 weeks before we moved to Victorville, I had two sets of First Day of School pages to do. Here is the first set...
Madison's actually came out okay, although the pencil paper is a little preschool looking for my big 2nd grader. I used a Queen & Company felt border but cut it up to make my title and the little accent on the right.
This one just didn't come together the way I wanted it to, but I'm still sharing it. More to show you the pictures than the page.
After doing those first two pages and not feeling it from those papers, I decided to not use school themed papers at all. The only thing I did was hand cut out these two apples. The border punch at the bottom is one that I just got, it's from EK Success and I am absolutely in love with it!

I did both of the girls pages at the same time because they will go into their separate albums so it won't matter that they match. I did create different titles for them. All of these papers are SEI except for that apple. The date stamp is American Crafts and I wrote a little letter to each of them on the shipping tags and stuck them behind the photo. This was their first day at their new school and it was kind of a rainy day (and picture day, although I didn't know it!)

I did realize a couple of things while doing these pages: #1 I work better from sketches or some kind of idea that I come up with before starting. #2 I don't work well with school themed products. #3 I create better pages that I am happier with when I take my time. I flew through these and got 5 pages done in 2 hours but don't love them as much as I do the layout I have currently been working on for 2 hours. When I slow down and add the little touches like sewing, or working out the design ahead of time then it creates a much better page... No More Hurrying!

No comments:

Pages