Thursday, February 17, 2011

Our Valentines Day Trip

Neil and I thought that we were oh so smart on Monday. We thought that because the girls had Monday off and it wasn't a day off for everyone, that Disneyland wouldn't be that busy. We knew that next Monday (President's Day) would be crazy, but never thought that those people that didn't have Monday off would take it off! Now maybe Disneyland just wasn't expecting it to be as busy as it was, but when the parking structure line went all the way back to the Ball Rd. signal, we knew it was bad! So we went around and parked in their additional parking on Harbor and took their bus. We have never had to do that before. But still we were determined to have a good time and at that point were very grateful to not have the boys with us. We wanted to go on Indiana Jones but it was broken so after we got Madison's new pass we went on Pirates of the Caribbean. My family will get a kick out of this picture of Kaley, I really should find the school picture of me with my hair like this so you can see the ridiculous resemblance.
She liked that her "growing out" bangs weren't in her face. And my sweet Madison, I had to cut her bangs before we left so that you would be able to see her face in her annual pass picture. This poor child has had the same annual pass picture since she was 3! She was very happy to have a new one.
One of the things that the girls and I were most excited to see for ourselves was the Tangled addition in Fantasyland. I had seen an amazing picture on my friends' blog Disneyland in HDR of this and we had to check it out. It turns out that this is a place to meet Rapunzel and Flynn Rider and if the line hadn't been an hour long I definitely would have done it. Tangled is my favorite Disney movie now of ALL TIME!
Once we realized that Disneyland was really crowded and we were not going to get on many rides we decided to head over to California Adventure. And if there is any ride that I am willing to stand in line for an hour to get on it's Toy Story Midway Mania. We are a gaming family I guess you could say, so this is one of our favorite rides. The girls are so cute in their 3D glasses!
Neil and I get a little competitive on this ride and I am getting much closer to actually beating him now... I must practice somehow! They even changed one of the games on the ride, I love how they try to keep things fresh for those of us that go there pretty often.
Madison really wanted to go on California Screamin' the crazy fast upside-down roller coaster but Kaley was about a half an inch too short! So Neil took Madison on it and I took Kaley on her favorite ride King Triton's Carousel. She has always loved this ride! She wanted to sit on a dolphin and so I got a really cute purple otter.
Can I just say right now that I hate temporary tattoos! The girls decided last Friday to put about 10 of them on and they just look like they haven't bathed in weeks! I tried to get them off that morning but I was getting closer to rubbing off their skin than the tattoo.
My one "have to do" for the day was going down Downtown Disney and getting these little bits of heaven from the Jazz Kitchen Express. Their Beignets are amazing!
We had powdered sugar all over us... but it was worth it!
I tried to savor each and every bite of those wonderful little fried doughnut squares and it was very difficult for me to share at all, but I did!
It took us way too long to get home but we had a very fantastic Valentine's Day together.

Tomorrow I will share some scrapbook layouts! Yesterday I got a couple of really productive hours in my room while the boys napped and I got 5 pages done! That was amazing for me.

No comments:

Pages