Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Little Idea

Just the other day I did the page for Neil's Ordination (a little late but oh well!). Because I had some memorabilia to go with it and didn't want it to be seen I hid it! I got to use this great striped paper which is part of the Kraft collection by Making Memories that I found on Ebay. It was perfectly manly enough combined with the copper letters and brads that I used.
I wanted the page to look very clean and so I even hid the journaling. I printed it on white cardstock and then put it inside some green cardstock that on the front has a vellum quote that Neil picked out. I also added black photo corners to make it more masculine.
What I did to create the pocket was just put adhesive on three sides with the right side being open, and then I added antique copper brads in all four corners and in the middle of the three sides. Then I just added a little tab of carstock which I stamped the word "slide" with an arrow and attached it to the program from the event. Inside the program is Neil's testimony which he read during the ceremony. So when I pull on that tab they both come out!
Sorry the picture turned sideways! This is the memorabilia pulled out. It is so nice to have those little things included but not taking up a bunch of space and making it too busy.
Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Pages