Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day Decorations

This year I was inspired to make some Valentine's Day decorations. I fell in love with these coffee filter flowers that I saw on Elizabeth Kartchner's blog. I had to go and make them and this is what I ended up with.
I sprayed mine with Tattered Angel's Glimmer Mist in Brick Red and tattered rose pink to give it some extra color. I hot glued the flowers onto ribbon and added hearts that I cut with my MM slice. I then had the idea to hang this clear string across the window and hang things from it. Not sure if I will take the whole thing down after Valentines Day or leave the string up to hang things on it for all of the different holidays.
I hung these playing cards from Heidi Swapp on the string. I love the King and Queen ones!
These are MM shimmer alphas that I added to acrylic rectangles and then embellished them. This key is from Tim Holtz grungeboard that I painted with his crackle paint (I have to get more of that!) I tied it on with string.
Here is a shot of the king playing card. The garland obviously spells love and I added things like AC flair and punched scalloped circles cut from valentines paper. I am very happy with it and can't wait to do more if I have time!

Pages