Thursday, February 4, 2010

Inspired by books


This weeks challenge on the American Crafts blog was to do a page that was inspired by a book. Now many of you might know that I love to read but rarely get the time to do so because of the whole having four kids thing. Except that last year I was introduced to these books, the Twilight Saga. Now I being a grown adult woman (barely!) thought that they were childish books and that they wouldn't hold my attention... HA! I immediately fell in love with them and read the first two that I borrowed from a friend and then begged my husband to buy me the boxed set for Christmas. He did and I read the last two each within a 48 hour period. I have seen the movies countless times and am currently re-reading the series because I find them that enjoyable. So needless to say I wanted to do a page that captured my current obsession with reading these books. Maybe if I had done this years ago I would have done it on the Harry Potter series but maybe someday I will dive back into those again, for now I am happy with these.

Materials used: Black Glitter cardstock #71414, Red Foil Cardstock, Black Zing! Embossing Powder, Red Heart Ribbon #92944, Thickers- Rockabye, Silver #43030, Cinnamon- Pomegranate #43048, Delight-Black #43061, Paper (Brown) Craft Fair- Elenore Battington #34719, (Grey solid) Halloween-Grimm #34782, All American Crafts. Other: Glimmer Mist- tattered Angels, Burnt Red, Black Ink.

No comments:

Pages