Wednesday, May 12, 2010

American Crafts Brads Challenge

The challenge on the American Crafts blog this week was to use two brads. Ha Ha! I don't know that I could ever use only two brads... especially if you are talking about their Elements brads. So instead of just two brads, I used lots of brads in two different ways! This page is about the picnic that Madison's first grade teacher invited the parents to come in for. I brought us sandwiches and yummy chips plus my Arizona Sweet Tea (oh how I miss it on this diet!) and her favorite drink from our little town's market, Mott's apple juice in a little can. We ended it with the best drumsticks on the planet... vanilla with caramel in the center! We did this to celebrate their class learning the long "I" sound like in Ice Cream!
First I used the brads as photo corners. These are the mini glitter black ones (one of my favorites!) They really make this photo pop off the page.
I also used the jewel brads from a couple of different sets to make the I for the title. It was really easy to do and makes the title really different from most of my usual ones. It all seems to go really well with the new Heat Wave collection. Hope you enjoyed!

Supplies: Blue- Creamy Coconut (back) (35107), Dot Strip- Tangerine Tidal wave (35113), Ice Cream/pink strip- Slammin' Strawberry (35114), Journaling sticker- Fork, Abode collection (42691), Ice Cream- Details Sandy (78032), Brads: Black mini glitter, Jewel : black, Earth Tones, Botanique. Thickers- Chit Chat Chestnut (42901), Niki Riki Yellow (53041). Flair- Heat wave (All products from American Crafts)

No comments:

Pages