Thursday, November 19, 2009

You Are My Sunshine

So I was super excited when I saw that the challenge this week on the American Crafts blog was to use the Junior line. Because with twin 2 year old boys you can imagine how many adorable pictures I have of them to use with this amazing set. But then I began to panic when I realized that I had only bought 5 sheets of the paper and two spools of the dollar ribbon! So I really had to think outside the box since I didn't have a single sticker, or flair, or rub-on! Which means that I really want to win this challenge because I have to have more of this line!

This is what I came up with! I used these amazing pictures of Zachary that I got right after he had taken a bath and then I added strips of the different patterned papers that I had bought. The blue is the backside of the Shazam! paper (I love that every sheet of patterned paper has a coordinating solid on the back!). I stitched around where the photo was going to go including on top of the patterned paper strips. I added the thickers and hand cut some shapes from the Blastoff! paper to be part of my title and some cute embellishments and adhered them with 3D foam adhesive to make them pop off the page. Oh, and I used one of those dollar spools of ribbon as photo corners and accents for the smaller photos!
Supplies used:
AC white cardstock
Junior paper: Shazam!
Blastoff!
Ta-Da!
Defense!
Boom!
AC Dollar spool of Junior ribbon
AC thickers in chit chat puffy chesnut and legwarmers felt
Thread
3D foam adhesive squares

Hope you like it!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

what a cutie I love the hair!!

Pages